Tuesday, September 3, 2013

CF Auditions et. al.

Good morning, studio.
I hope you had a restful Labor Day. The next break we will get is Thanksgiving. So, buckle up, heads down, and full steam ahead!

First of all, congrats to the Marching Band for a wonderful performance at the U of M game. And THANK YOU ALL for acting so professional throughout the day. That made me proudest of all. Even when the game was going, well, not so well, you all were at your best. And from the moment I got to the music building in the morning until I left when we got back at almost midnight, there wasn't a moment that I wasn't proud of being a Chippewa because of how you handled yourselves. CONGRATS!

Second, Central Foundation auditions. I WAS going to hold the auditions this week. After taking a little time to think about it, I want to have the auditions NEXT week. The euphoniums have band auditions today, so they will not have had as much quality time on the music as the tubas have had (yes, you've all had the same amount of time, but euphs have had to spend time on their audition music for Williamson). Once I talk with the current CF members about a date, I will get back to the rest of you. Here is the FINAL items needed for your audition (in this order):
     - All Major Scales (2 octaves)
     - Prepared CF music - to be performed with CF
     - 2 minute lecture on the history of your instrument
     - Sightreading with CF

Third, we ARE having Tuba/Euph ensemble rehearsal today at 11:00 am. BRING YOUR INSTRUMENT and be ready to play.

See you in a couple of hours.

Dr. Cox

No comments: