Monday, November 14, 2011

(This is getting reposted for the 2nd time. It seems that the blog has not beens sending out emails. I hope I have this fixed. I did not receive a copy of my own email, like I always do. If you received it last two times, then please just ignore it. Thank you). OK, everyone (originally sent Sunday night). The Cox adventure continues. As some of you heard Friday night at the studio party, my wife called and said she was being taken to the Reed City (look it up on a map) E. R. because she fell and hurt her ankle. Sarah and MJ were at Springfield Camp for the weekend. They had just gotten there a few hours earlier. While at a concert, MJ stepped on a stair and directly onto someone's shoes. When she fell, she said her ankle sounded like a big branch breaking. I arrived at the ER at 10:40 pm. They X-rayed her right ankle and found that she had fractured it in three different spots. After much debate, a second set of X-rays, they decided not to send her via ambulance to Grand Rapids, but let her go home in a temporary cast. I went to the camp and picked up Sarah (1:00 am) and went back to the ER to get MJ. By the time they us out of there, we did not get home until 4:00 am!!! So, to say the least, things have once again drastically changed around our house. For the time being, MJ can't: drive, play piano, cook, teach, etc. So here is what I need from you all (mostly a little patience as we work our way through this next week). 1a. MJ has an orthopedic appointment SOMETIME tomorrow. We do not have a time, yet. We will call first thing in the morning to find out when. Once I know the time, I will need to contact those who have lessons and move them around. Since I missed last week lessons because I was sick, I don't want to postpone tomorrow to another day. Instead, I want to find a time TOMORROW to teach your lesson. This is going to take A LOT of arranging on my part. Tomorrow is also PART 4 Playing/Written exam for Brass Tech!!! I will have my GA (Jeff Crabtree) give the entire exam. That opens a lot of time for me. Again, I will not know when the appointment is until tomorrow in the a. m. 1b. As I get to know the schedule for tomorrow, lessons may either be at their normal times; taught in the early afternoon, or in the late afternoon (depending on YOUR schedule). 1c. Drew and Sammy - would you send me your cell phone number so I can contact you. Dan W., I already have yours. 2. Tomorrow night I will have to cancel the masterclass. MJ can't be left alone for now. She is not great with the crutches and has almost fallen a couple of times. And with the kids around...you can imagine. 3. After the orhto appointment tomorrow morning, we will know a WHOLE LOT more of what MJ can/can't do. We are not sure whether she will have to have surgery or not! So, if you have her as an accompanist for the studio recital on the 20th, and want to find another pianist, that is fine. She totally understands. The ortho might tell her she can't play piano for an extended amount of time. OR, he might let her play after she has a permanent cast on. More by the afternoon. I will send out a message once I know. 4. Tuesday lessons should be fine, as far as I can tell. The trombone ensemble concert is still required, but I won't be able to be there. Again, MJ can't be left alone with the kids. (She can't get up and down well, let alone get up and down the stairs). Again, I am once again asking for you patience over the next few days. More later. Thanks, Dr. Cox

No comments: