Saturday, November 26, 2011

Monday Lessons

I hope everybody has had a restful Thanksgiving and are ready to get back to the final two weeks of the semester! Lots to do with not too much time. As for me...rested...kind of. As some of you have been following on FB, Wednesday morning Sarah spiked a BIG fever and I had to rush her down to the Grand Rapids Children's Hospital E. R. We figured she would get the "normal" treatment, antibiotics, a few hours in the ER, and then sent home. Boy, was I wrong. It is now Saturday night and I have basically not left the hospital since then. She keeps spiking a fever about every 5-6 hours. Everything looks absolutely normal on paper, she is acting like her normal self throughout this whole event, but the thermometer says differently. Most of her spikes go up and over 103.0 f. Then she goes back down to a low-grade fever for a while, then spikes again. The doctors say it is nothing to worry about, but we just have to ride it out. She and I will definitely be here tomorrow (Sunday). If she can keep the fever at bay for 12-24 hours, they will let her out. It is 5:50 pm (Sat) and she just spiked another fever (taking a nap now that she has some Tylenol in her). So what does this mean about school. Well, unless something seriously goes wrong here, I will be driving in Monday morning from Grand Rapids for normal lesson times. From there, we will be hour by hour with her. If she gets out Monday, my parents will be there to get her. If not, then we (my parents and I, MJ still can't drive because of her cast) will keep working on solutions, but I am determined to keep as many "normal" lesson times as possible. As new news comes our way, I will try and keep you posted each evening as to developments. Once she gets home, then everything should return to "normal" (as normal as the Cox family can get these days). That's all for now. See you in a few short hours (40). Dr. Cox

No comments: